As the weather warms and the sun finally graces us again with its presence, we start to thaw out and feel excited again. But there’s another shift we should all remember to make, and it involves our skincare routine.
In the spring and summer, the right skincare routine becomes even more crucial. After all, sun and heat can dry out our skin, making it look and feel damaged. That’s why everyone needs a good zero-waste face moisturizer in their beauty lineup.
Read on to learn all about our zero-waste moisturizer, including why it’s better than traditional ones, why you need one at all, and how often we should use them.
Why Do You Need a Face Moisturizer?
There are many benefits of regularly using face moisturizer. One of the biggest is that it helps eliminate (or at least reduce) certain skin problems, including dryness and oiliness. These two skin extremes can damage the skin and cause conditions like acne.
Therefore, with the right moisturizer, you can reduce dryness, oiliness, and conditions like acne. And natural face moisturizer is even better for the skin than traditional ones.
What is a Zero-Waste Face Moisturizer?
Many traditional moisturizers are made with ingredients that do more damage than good. Certain alcohols and synthetics can dry out the skin and prolong or promote many of our most common skin concerns. Others make our skin overly oily.
So, you might be wondering, why would skincare companies continue using ingredients like these in their products? Well, the answer is both simple and unfortunate: these fillers are cheaper than their healthier, more natural alternatives.
What is the Best Zero-Waste Face Moisturizer?
Now that we’ve talked about why natural face moisturizers are better than others, let’s talk about the best natural face moisturizer. Non-greasy, light, deeply hydrating, and suitable for all skin types, our zero-waste face moisturizer with rosehip extract promotes a healthy complexion.
Our rosehip facial cream is fast-absorbing and made with only healthy ingredients, so it nourishes and brightens the skin in ways that traditional creams can’t. It’s gentle enough to use twice per day, even on sensitive skin, making it ideal for both morning and nighttime use.
The formula is high in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which support skin health and even skin tones. Use it when you wake to give your skin a fresh, radiant glow all day. And then use it again before bed after you’ve washed away your makeup and the other remnants of your day.
And even those who have sensitivities to perfume-like fragrances or other strong scents will enjoy the lightness of this moisturizer. There is no added fragrance, just the subtle and natural scent of rosehip seed oil and aloe vera.
What Makes an Ideal Moisturizer?
The ideal zero-waste moisturizer is suitable for all skin types, free from parabens and phthalates, and vegan. It’s made with natural, healthy ingredients like rosehip seed oil, organic aloe very juice, organic coconut oil, organic sunflower seed oil, and others like these.
Our zero-waste face moisturizer is all of this and more! In addition to containing better ingredients, our moisturizer is also made and packaged better.
It’s made right here in the United States, contained in a 100% recyclable or upcyclable glass jar with an aluminum lid, and shipped plastic-free. Because that’s what it means to be zero-waste from start to finish. We don’t believe in doing things halfway.
For those who have sensitive skin or are sensitive to certain smells, fragrance-free is also ideal. But this part comes down to personal preference.
How Often Should You Use Zero-Waste Face Moisturizer?
If you’re not used to using a face moisturizer, you may be surprised to learn that skin experts recommend doing so twice, or at least once, per day. Properly moisturizing the skin on your face can help maintain a healthy barrier and prevent environmental damage.
Applying natural face moisturizer once in the morning and once at night promotes consistent moisture content and reduces common skin troubles. Most people wash their faces once in the morning and once at night, so simply follow up with your moisturizer after each wash.
With all of that said, you know your skin better than we do. Start by testing the twice per day rule and adjust later if necessary. Some may find that once per day is enough. Others with dry skin may find that twice per day is the only way to ensure their skin stays suitably hydrated, refreshed, and protected.
Different skin types sometimes have different requirements. Trust your instincts, and you will find the routine that works best for you.
How to Use Your EcoRoots Natural Face Moisturizer
While natural moisturizers can look and feel a bit different than traditional ones, using them is the same. First, thoroughly wash and dry your hands. It may feel like this goes without saying, but clean hands are crucial.
Otherwise, you could be rubbing dirt and other impurities over your face before sealing them in with the moisturizer. Even when our hands feel and look clean, invisible impurities abound. So, to be safe, give them a quick wash.
Next, scoop some moisturizer out of the jar and into your hands. Finally, apply a pea-sized amount of moisturizer to your clean face and neck, gently massaging each area as you apply. That’s all it takes to get nourished, hydrated skin daily.
When a product contains only healthy, natural ingredients, a little bit goes a long way! Repeat these steps once in the morning and once at night for the best results. That’s all it takes to keep your skin nourished and hydrated – the way it should be!
What Do EcoRoots Customers Have to Say About Our Natural Moisturizer?
Sometimes, it’s easier to take a chance on a product when you know that other people have tried it and loved it. That’s why we thought we’d share some of our most recent moisturizer reviews for you to look through:
- “Rosehip facial cream is simply amazing! I really enjoy using this luxurious cream every day!”
- “I love the way my skin looks using the cream. It’s very thick but goes on so smooth & easily. So beautiful!
- “I wish I would have found this earlier. Not only is it super hydrating and naturally scented but my face feels smoother since I started using this. Such a great value!”
- I LOVE this unscented moisturizer! Feels so luxurious and keeps my skin soft all day. Wonderful product!”
- “I have used it since the day it came in the mail, very fast as well, ordered on Black Friday and it arrived early the following week. I love the moisturizer, it keeps my skin soft and hydrated. Great purchase.”
96% of the reviews are five stars, with only one landing at four stars. And while it was missing one star, even that review was positive:
- “I work outdoors on a construction site and I purchased this lotion because it states it’s good for sensitive skin. It’s light, doesn’t have a heavy scent, and doesn’t leave your skin oily or slick. I just wish I hadn’t gone through it as fast as I did!”
Now that you know that users have tried and loved this product already, all that’s left to do is try it and see for yourself! But before you place your order, let’s go through some additional products that compliment this one well.
More Zero-Waste Skincare Products to Add to Your Lineup
Looking for more zero-waste skincare products to add to your lineup? Natural face moisturizer is just the start. Because our faces are exposed more often than other areas of our skin, we think it’s important to highlight products that focus there first.
In addition to our zero-waste face moisturizer, we also recommend using the following facial products:
- Zero-waste deep hydrating face mist (preps the skin for moisturizer, helps set makeup, softens and soothes skin, and quickly tightens up those pesky pores!)
- Zero-waste rose water toner (soothes skin, restores balance and hydration; apply this toner, moisturizers, or other facial care products using our soft and versatile organic reusable cotton rounds.)
- Zero-waste facial soap bar (leaves your skin clean, soft, and hydrated, with your choice of charcoal tea tree scent, shea oatmeal, or orange bergamot.)
- Pumpkin enzyme mask (soothes and revitalizes the skin, smoothing the appearance of fine lines, uneven complexions, and blemishes.)
- Bamboo charcoal and tea tree facial soap (naturally cleans your skin and leaves it feeling healthy and soft; can also be used on the body.)
- Oatmeal soap (soothes and clean sensitive skin without drying.)
- Zero waste face lotion (an everyday zero waste moisturizer that can be applied anytime to balance, calm, hydrate the skin & give you a glow.)
For your hair:
- Zero-waste dry shampoo (absorbs residue and odor to support healthy hair between washes.)
- Zero-waste shampoo and conditioner bars (choose Moroccan oil, forest mist, cocolime colada, summer breeze, honeydew, citrus fresh, lilac flowers, fresh mint, lavender, or unscented.) Check our entire collection of zero waste shampoo and conditioner bars here.
- Natural hair oil (enriched with vitamins and natural oils to promote healthy hair growth and elasticity, reduce split ends and frizz, and prevent heat damage.)
For your body:
- Organic body soap (a clean, natural, and refreshing cleanser for all body types, in your choice of lavender, patchouli, peppermint, tangerine lavender, lemongrass, grapefruit calendula, or spearmint sage scent.)
- Organic body scrub (gently exfoliates, nourishes, and hydrates your skin, in your choice of coconut sugar, peppermint sea salt, or turmeric sea salt; apply using our natural loofah to exfoliate or gently massage your skin as you bathe.)
- Zero-waste deodorant cream
- Oatmeal soap (packed with vitamins and moisturizing shea butter, so it’s great for all skin types, but especially sensitive or dry skin.)
- Bergamot soap (great for all skin types, but best for oily and combination skin, for use on the body and/or face.)
- Everything balm body moisturizer (forms a protective, breathable barrier over your skin and gently moisturizes, calms, and soothes.)
- Organic shaving soap (a foamy, natural way to help the planet and say goodbye to itchy skin and razor burn bumps; buy alone or grab your zero-waste shaving kit and save on all your shaving essentials.)
- Sisal body brush (naturally exfoliates, helping you achieve smooth, soft, naturally glowing skin with an even tone.)
One of the best things about the eco-friendly movement is the versatility of the products that have come from it. There’s an eco-friendly alternative to just about any traditional product you can think of. That’s part of the beauty of it!
Natural Face Moisturizer Recap
We dove deep into everything you need to know about the best natural face moisturizer, which covered many different categories. So, let’s go through a quick recap of the benefits of natural moisturizer before we wrap things up.
Our incredible, natural rosehip facial cream helps:
- Eliminate or reduce common skin problems, including dryness and oiliness
- Reduce conditions like acne and flaky skin
- Form a protective barrier against the sun and other elements
- Promote a healthy skin complexion
- Keep your skin consistently and evenly moisturized
- Nourish and brighten the skin
- Improve the overall health of even the most sensitive skin
Plus, it comes in an adorable recyclable or upcyclable glass jar! And like all our products, it’s shipped without using any plastic. Our parcels are sent using carboard packaging, paper tape, and other non-plastic packing materials for an eco-friendly experience from start to finish.
We hope that your experience with our zero-waste face moisturizer will inspire you to add more natural products to your lineup. And remember that natural, eco-friendly products are not limited to the health and beauty category.
We also have a full lineup of plastic-free home and kitchen products, from wooden dish brush and zero-waste floss to wool dryer balls and eco-friendly cleaning kits. Items like vegan candles, zero-waste laundry detergent strips, and reusable dishcloths are not only excellent items to fill your home with, but they make great gifts, too!
Wherever you are on your eco-friendly journey, with our zero waste store there’s always a step to take next. We hope you enjoy our products and would love to have you follow along on our zero-waste blog page to stay informed as we continue to grow in our mission.