Natural deodorants have been gaining popularity in recent years as more people are becoming aware of the potential health risks associated with traditional antiperspirants. Unlike traditional deodorants, natural deodorants do not contain harmful chemicals such as aluminum and parabens. Instead, they are made with all-natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin and better for overall health.
In this article, we will discuss some of the key benefits of using a natural deodorant:
1. No Harmful Chemicals: Traditional antiperspirants often contain aluminum, which can be absorbed into the skin and has been linked to various health concerns, such as cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Natural deodorants, on the other hand, do not contain any harmful chemicals and are made with all-natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin.
2. Gentle on Sensitive Skin: Many people have sensitive skin and are unable to use traditional deodorants due to irritation and rashes. Natural deodorants are often free from harsh chemicals and fragrances, making them a great alternative for those with sensitive skin.
3. Helps to Maintain Natural Perspiration: Traditional antiperspirants use aluminum to clog sweat glands, which can prevent the body from releasing toxins through sweat. Natural deodorants, however, do not clog sweat glands and allow the body to perspire naturally, which is important for overall health.
4. Good for the Environment: Natural deodorants are often packaged in eco-friendly materials and contain ingredients that are sustainably sourced. This makes them a better option for those who are conscious about their impact on the environment.
5. Variety of Options: Natural deodorants come in a variety of forms such as creams, sticks, and sprays, making it easy for people to find one that suits their preference. Many also come in different scents, making it easy to find one that smells pleasant.
Everyone's body chemistry is unique, which means that what works for one person in terms of deodorant may not work for another. Factors such as diet, hormones, genetics, lifestyle, mood, and wardrobe can all play a role in determining your personal body odor.
The reason we experience body odor in the first place is due to the presence of trillions of microbes, known as "skin flora," that live on our skin. These microbes are an important part of our immune system and don't typically produce odor on their own. However, when they interact with the sweat produced by our apocrine glands (located in areas such as our underarms), they can break down proteins and fats and produce an odor. Factors such as stress, ovulation, and anger can also cause our apocrine glands to produce more sweat, leading to increased body odor.
Our natural deodorant cream is designed to create an environment where bacteria cannot thrive, resulting in a decrease in foul odor. Ingredients such as shea butter and magnesium make the skin too alkaline for the bacteria to feed on the proteins and fats in our sweat, while essential oils like eucalyptus, mint and lavender have antibacterial properties and also create a hostile environment for bacteria.
Here are some frequently asked questions about our natural plastic-free deodorants:
Q1: How do I apply deodorant cream?
Scoop a pea-sized amount of deodorant out of the jar with clean fingers, warm the deodorant between your fingers, and gently rub it into your skin until it is no longer visible. You can also use the cream on other parts of your body, such as behind your knees or on your scalp.
Q2: Why is my deodorant cream hard or grainy?
Shea butter and coconut oil are like little thermometers in your deodorant jar. They both fluctuate in texture with temperature shifts. We use unrefined oils and butters in all of our products, which means that they can also be somewhat stubborn to re-solidify again once they’ve melted.
There's an easy fix! Simply mix the deodorant thoroughly with a chopstick or butter knife (making sure to reincorporate all powders into the oils) and pop it into the freezer for 20 minutes.
Thereafter, store the cream below 75 degrees F. It may take up to three days for the deodorant to solidify back to its preferred state. In the winter, the deodorant cream might be very hard. To apply, scrape the necessary amount out of the jar with the back of your fingernail or a cosmetic spatula and warm the cream by rubbing it between your fingers before applying.
Grainy deodorant occurs when the shea butter liquifies and then cools too slowly. The grains are harmless and will melt upon skin contact. If you want to fix the texture, use the instructions below.
We understand that these textural shifts might be confusing, but we think it's worth it for the nutrient-packed, skin-nourishing, unrefined plant oils and butters that are in each deodorant cream.
Q3: How do I apply deodorant tube?
Push a small amount of product up in the stick by working your thumb around the inner edge of the bottom disc. Place the product on your underarm for a couple seconds to warm the stick and then gently swipe a couple times. Allow the deodorant a few minutes to fully soak in before putting on your shirt.
Q4: What can I do about oil stains on my clothes?
We recommend using a lighter application, exfoliating your armpits regularly, and ensuring that the deodorant is completely absorbed before putting on your clothes. You can also use a laundry booster or soak your clothes before washing to remove any stains.
Q5: Why do you make both a cream and a stick deodorant?
We believe that finger application is more effective and allows for a more even application, which means you will use less product. However, we also understand that not everyone prefers finger application, which is why we offer a stick deodorant as well.
At EcoRoots, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest-quality eco-friendly and low-waste products available. Our products are designed for everyone, regardless of their body type or identity.
From personal care and household items to beauty and health products, our selection of sustainable alternatives will help you reduce your environmental impact. We value the input of our customers and are always looking for ways to improve. We strive for transparency and actively seek feedback to make sure we are meeting your needs. We are a brand that is built on community, and we want to hear from you.
With over 50 low-waste products to choose from, we make it easy for you to make sustainable choices. When you purchase from us, you become a part of something greater than yourself - a movement towards a more sustainable future.
In conclusion, natural deodorants or plastic-free deodorants are a great alternative to traditional antiperspirants. They are gentle on the skin, free from harmful chemicals, and help to maintain natural perspiration. Additionally, natural deodorants are a good choice for those who are conscious about their impact on the environment. With a variety of options available, it’s easy to find a natural deodorant that meets your needs and preferences.